Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cubs, Clinton and Carrell

So I was hoping that I'd have a new post up every week like clockwork, but with school and the mass amount of thoughts running through my brain everyday, picking one thing to blog about is going to be harder than I thought. Bare with me. Or maybe I should say "bear with me" after the votes were tallied and Ole Miss decided on the Rebel Black Bear as the new on field mascot. A totally logical choice, what with all the bears running through Oxford (in case you don't live in Oxford, this was sarcastic. There are no bears). I kind of feel bad about complaining, seeing as I missed the vote. But still, I find it hard to fathom(dibs)that so many people thought a bear was better than a landshark. Did nobody consider how many people would dress their babies up as sharks for the Grove? If that's not the cutest thing possible, I don't know what is. Granted, kids dressed up as bear cubs will still be moderately adorable. I'm still dressing up as a shark for Auburn so at least people have that much to look forward to.
Staying somewhat on the subject of Ole Miss, the esteemed 42ND president Bill Clinton was on campus today, showing his support for Travis Childers. I'll admit, I'm not a big Clinton fan(I'm not a small one either), but I still went by because when a president comes to your campus, you hear what he has to say. He's quite the charismatic speaker(as my dad would say), and he almost had me agreeing with him on everything...then I remembered he's a Democrat, so I kept walking. Seriously though, I did find myself agreeing with some things, and it just goes to show that you shouldn't let a man's political affiliations keep you from hearing his political views...they might mirror yours.
Now to switch gears completely. It's Thursday, which for any self-respecting American means it's Office night. As you know, we are in the midst of Steve Carrell's last season, which can only mean the end of the show all together. Who could possibly replace Michael Scott? Nobody that I've met. The show seems to have been going downhill lately anyway, since the marriage of Pam and Jim. They're relationship isn't quite as interesting now that it's a legal union, and Jim hasn't been nearly as funny or mischievous since they got married. I think the temporary co-manager position and the baby toned him down a bit. Understandable. Not acceptable, but understandable. I'm hoping Andy and Erin might pick up the slack, with Gabe taking up the roll of Roy. Wait, does that mean Gabe would attack Andy, who would be rescued by Kevin(because Dwight can't do it twice) and then get fired? Hmm, Erin+Andy times No Gabe=win/win situation.
That's all I can rack out of my brain for now. I'm hoping that as the posts continue, I'll start narrowing down to specific things I want to talk about instead of a potpourri(dibs) of useless information. As I said before, bear with me.
Signing off,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment